So, a couple of days ago, I came home tired after a intense weekend of learning Akonadi and hacking on KDEPIM.
At each meal, we attended 12 people, but it wasn’t the same people every time. And a couple of people participated remotely.
Several people, including me, got their feet wet in kdepim & akonadi code. Talks about the future with Qt 6 and Qt 7 and Akonadi 3 were also held in the corners.
Hopefully, others will tell more closely about what they did, including fixing kmail memory usage to not grow until all headers of all emails was in memory and improving the address completion job to help filling in to/cc/bcc fields.
Personally, I started off several times with the same issue. Not doing several synchronous calls from KMail to Akonadi during message writing and sending. On my way, I cleaned up some code and started over a couple of times. And the code is still a work in progress on my laptop. But the most important synchronous call is in that WIP patch now actually asynchronous \o/. There is still work to do on that area though and I hope to get around polishing it and finishing it this month somehow. I currently have function names like ‘second_half_of_generateCryptoMessages‘ and ‘this_function_should_be_renamed‘.
And next up will Andras Mantia hopefully blog about his accomplishments. And poke some other person for a blog post.