Thursday, my new laptop arrived. A asus Eee-PC – black edition. After a quick look at the provided software it was time to replace it with something better. Like debian with kde4.
Thanks to the Debian Eee-pc people, getting debian on the machine was quite easy. And then time to install kde4. Fetching it from experimental – and here we go.
My notes so far:
- Those keys are small. Takes time to get used to it
- KDE configuration widgets are often too big for a 800×480 monitor
- Those keys are still small
- djvulibre-desktop should not recommend evince when recommends are installed by default
- Everything seems to link against gtk these days
- KDE programs can hide its menu bar giving more room for the application
… and I miss the key between z and left shift.